Guano Phosphate - Ancient sea-bird
A BioGro certified input for organics.
G-Phos is an excellent choice for organics where P is needed to maintain or build soil phosporus. G-Phos, being a natural product is a proactive partner for soil biology, better enabling availability of P to plants as plants require it. Waste is negligible due to the favourable characteristics of G-Phos. Let us know if you need further information.
- Content: 10% min Phosphate
- Solubility: Classified as citrate soluble. Breaks down in water yet is not suspended in water, so you keep most of it.
- Type: Granular
- Size: 5mm ave
- Calcium: 27% calcium carbonate
- Silica: 10%
- Trace Elements: Various types naturally in G-Phos
- Metals: Low levels of heavy metals
- pH: 8+
- Liming: Yes. Reinforced by carbonates & hydroxides
G-Phos can be used in all areas of agriculture as a building or maintenance phosphate fertiliser.
Benefits of using G-Phos
- An alkaline phosphate: Contributes to pH lift or maintenance
- Slower smooth release over one year +/-
- Easy to handle with a uniform spread pattern
- Minimal leaching, runoff, and lock-up in soil
- Aid the recovery and availability of locked-up synthetic P in the soil through stimulation of biology & reduce Al & Fe issues.
- Use considerably less phosphate per hectare than many P brands due to very low loss characteristics (high efficiency)
- Reduce cartage and spreading costs
- Improve the ability of soil biology to help balance soil nutrients & availability by using a more natural, non-man-made soil ally
- Benefit from low heavy metal presence in G-Phos compared to most mainstream P brands